JC Carroll -West Byfleet Selfie CD
1. Painting with Sound (4:07)
2. Cadaquez (5:12)
3. The Rain in California (3:39)
4. Trans Siberian Railway (4:45)
5. So many Shades of Blue (4;52)
6. A Token (3:41)
7. My Inspiration (3:09)
8. The Old House (4:08)
9. In 1972 (4:00)
10. Where are we now (4:36)
11.This is the End (3:56)
12. Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (2:39)
West Byfleet Selfie is the new Solo Album from The Members songwriter Guitarist and Film Composer Jean-marie(JC) Carroll. Over the Last 12 Years JC has toured the World with his Classic Post Punk band The Members, and scored lots of films. Recorded mostly in his studio in West Byfleet this is his third Studio Solo Album and sees him in reflective mood, painting with his Film composer tools rather then the Post Punk colouring book we see in his live shows. The Songs are all written by Carroll with the exception of three exceptional covers.
1. His acclaimed Cover of David Bowies “Where are they now”
2. A Riotous Punk Rock version of Piafs “Non je Ne Regrette Rien”
3. A RE-Working of Dannys Lai’s Theme from Love Story.
Other Songs are a Stadium Rock anthem about Radio Play called “in the Beginning”. Reggaeton Jam about Salvador Dalis favourite Catalan Fishing Village . “Cadaquez” “The Rain in California” a Post Brexit story of emmigration and diaspora. “Trans Siberian Railway” a Folky Techno mash up about fleeing the bolshevik revolution 100 years ago. This album shows Carroll as a mature songwriter unafraid of interesting subject matter deeply influenced by Punk Folk and Chanson , a man with stories to tell and the tools to tell them in a stunningly different tableaux.